I feel honored to have been nominated for this award. Thank you, Dragonsinmycoffee for nominating me!
11 Facts About Me
1. I was born in 1972 and I will be 46 in October.
2. I have 7 siblings. 4 of us grew up with my Mom and Stepdad and the other 4 grew up with my Dad and Stepmom. So, 7 of us have the same Dad and 1 is my Stepbrother. For as many of us there are, I am closest to my older sister. I wish I was closer to the others, but I’m not, however, if any of them ever called me and asked for help, I would. I’m all about family even if I don’t always show it.
3. I have 2 children. They are my world. My son is 24 and my daughter is 21. I am alive because of them. I mean that literally.
4. I believe in the mystical and supernatural. I have seen it with my own eyes throughout my life and I’m ok with someone not believing me. I consider it a gift no matter what I learn.
5. I miss my Mema every single day. She was my Mom’s Mom and she and I had a connection that will never fade.
6. I am a singer. I love music. I hear music when there is no music. Everything has a rhythm and a tune. If I couldn’t listen to music daily, I wouldn’t be happy.
7. I am a homebody and social situations give me anxiety, however, my role at work is Client Services for a Custom Home Builder which requires me to be social all day. I love it.
8. My Mom and my daughter are my best friends. I named my daughter after my Mom.
9. My dog, Dori, is the animal love of my life. We are connected in a way I’ve never known with an animal.
10. I never thought I’d find someone to share my life with and then I found my boyfriend. I still worry I don’t deserve him.
11. When I’m having an episode, one of the side effects is watching words coming out of people’s mouths and fall onto the floor. It’s fascinating.
Questions from Dragonsinmycoffee
1. If you had an extra 30 minutes of free time each day, how would you spend it?
I love reading. I don’t get enough time to be in a quiet place and read. If I read as much as I’d like, I’d never talk to anyone. I lose myself in books. I can pause the TV. I get upset when I have to stop reading.
2. What does success mean to you?
That’s a layered question. Success is different things for different parts of my life. I feel I can be successful professionally, but not be successful at friendships or intimate relationships. Right now, I feel like I’m succeeding in my professional life; getting there in my relationship with my boyfriend (learning to let my guard down a bit); wish I was more successful at some of my family relationships; killin it with my daughter! Success is also very fluid. Right now, I’m feeling pretty hopeful. That is successful.
3. Are you following the World Cup? If so, which team(s) are you supporting?
4. Which mythological creature would you most like to encounter in real life?
5. What is your dream job?
My preference would be not to have to work and give my time to those I love and those who need help.
6. If you could travel back in time, when and where would you go? Why?
I would travel back to when my Mema was young, and follow her through her life. Much of her life is lost because she was so secretive. She didn’t like her family much, so we don’t know a lot about them. I want to meet her Mom, and my Aunts and Uncles. I want to be there when my Mema decided to go to Law School.
7. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie/television show?
I would choose reading over all things, but if I did that, I would never spend any time with people. I forget reality when I’m reading. If I’m alone, I’ll read, but that’s not very often. So, I would watch a movie or binge watch a series on Netflix
8. Out of all the cities you have been to, which is your favorite?
Monterrey, California- I have never seen anything more beautiful or peaceful. I felt complete peace when I was there and became depressed for a time after leaving. It was like being home and having to leave.
9. If you could be any animal for a day, which one would you choose and why?
I would be my dog, Dori. I’d love to see the world through her eyes. She’s so in tuned with me and when I even get the slightest bit works up, she hugs me. I’d like to give that back to her!
10. Would you prefer to live in an area with extremely hot summers or cold winters?
I hate both extremes, but I’d rather have hot Summers
11. If you could spend a year in another country, where would you go?
Greece – it’s where my daughter and I want to go together one day. I’m fascinated with its heritage and I want to live by the water.
Thank you, https://dragonsinmycoffee.wordpress.com/
For nominating me! I’ve only been blogging for a short time!
11 Blogger Nominations
Beau Allen’s Blog
Daily Rants by Heliarch
Loved Me Back to Life
Angie’s Daily Ordinary MomBlog
Life Grind With the Right Mind
Past the Isle of Dogs
11 Original Questions
1. What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
2. If you could ask the President one question, what would it be?
3. If you could be anywhere else right now, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite day of the week?
5. What is the sound you love the most?
6. Would you rather live for a week in the past or the future?
7. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
8. Which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
10. What’s the right age to get married?
11. What’s one choice you really regret?
If you were nominated, here’s what to do:
(and if your blog is award-free, please accept my nomination as a compliment!)
1 Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Share 11 facts about yourself.
3 Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
4 Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award.
5 Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.